Toronto Stroke Networks Steering Committee
The Toronto Stroke Networks Steering Committee (TSNSC) provides strategic stewardship, governance, and decision making for regional resource allocation to support stroke system changes in Toronto. It is comprised of the executive committee members from each of the 3 regions, including:
- Executive/Administrative Leads from the Regional Stroke Centres
- Medical Directors for the Stroke Networks
- Regional Directors
- Chairs of the Stroke Networks / Regional Steering Committee
It also includes representatives from acute, rehab and community sectors of the care continuum.
The TSNSC sets strategic priorities and goals and monitors progress of the TSNs’ shared workplan and achievement of metrics for system improvement. The TSNSC serves as a credible advisor to the following Toronto area Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) to support stroke system integration; this includes the Toronto Central, Central, and Central East LHINs.
The work of the TSNSC is informed directly by 2 advisory committees:
Education and Knowledge Translation
- This committee guides the design of the education & knowledge translation strategy to support sustainable change and ongoing system improvement based on best practice.
System Performance Improvement & Evaluation for Strokes (SPIES)
- This committee guides and monitors a comprehensive, standardized evaluation approach that supports system improvement based on stroke best practices.
Additionally, the work of the TSNSC is informed through the TSNs’ Annual Forum held with stroke system stakeholders to:
- Obtain input from the TSNs’ biennial workplan;
- Profile opportunities for continued engagement;
- Shape ongoing system improvement and integration; and
- Celebrate local and system achievements […..]