Helpful Resources during COVID-19
The North & East GTA and Toronto West Stroke Networks have developed a series of resources to support the delivery of stroke care for healthcare providers during COVID-19.
- Acute care profession-specific stroke quick reference guides and assessment checklists
- Virtual care resources to support healthcare providers in the areas of stroke rehabilitation and secondary prevention.
- A COVID-19 discussion group to address any questions or concerns
To access these resources, login to the Toronto Stroke Networks’ Virtual Community of Practice (VCoP), then click the ‘Resources’ tab. If you are not a VCoP member, please go to www.strokecommunity.ca to join the VCoP.
Other Resources for Healthcare Providers
A list of modified services and supports available during COVID-19 has been complied by Matthew Dewar, MSW, RSW, Community Development Officer, Community Crisis Response Program at City Hall. Please be aware that services/supports are subject to change. To access this resource, please click here.
Resources for Patients and Caregivers
Information has been collected by the Ontario Regional Stroke Networks’ Community & Long-Term Care Group to support persons with stroke and their caregivers during COVID-19. Please share the following information, where appropriate, with your patients and their caregivers:
- Aphasia Resources
- Caregiver Supports
- Health and Social Support Services
- Mental Health Resources
- Mental Health Mobile Apps
- Other Mobile Device Apps
- Online Discussion Forums and Videos
- Online Exercise Programs and Videos