Information on Stroke
- Heart & Stroke – A Family Guide to Pediatric Stroke
- Heart & Stroke – Stroke in Young Adults: A Resource for Patients and Families
- Heart & Stroke – Your Stroke Journey: A Guide for People Living with Stroke
- Sinai Health – Stroke Education Series
- Stroke Engine Family
What to expect when you are repatriated to a hospital closer to home
- Toronto Stroke Networks Repatriation Brochures:
Stroke Prevention Resources
- Aphasia Institute – Resources and Tools
- Dysphagia Brochures
- Heart & Stroke – Recovery and Support
- Heart & Stroke – Video Series to Support Self-Management
- March of Dimes Canada After Stroke Program – Information and Resources
- Ontario Stroke Network – A Guide to Choosing a Community Exercise Program for People with Stroke
- Saint Elizabeth – Caregiver Compass
- Southwestern Ontario Stroke Network – Return-to-Work Website
Web-Based Resource for Persons with Stroke and Family/Caregivers
Guide for Stroke Recovery Website http://www.strokerecovery.guide is a mobile-friendly website that allows persons with stroke and family/caregivers to easily navigate information about common post-stroke topics and find practical strategies, video demonstrations and actionable solutions to common questions or concerns after stroke. The layout and content of the website were designed to empower a self-management approach and facilitate community re-engagement. For a general overview of this resource, click here.
We invite you to refer to the Stroke Recovery Guide Website Frequently Asked Questions to answer questions you may have.
Guide for Stroke Recovery
This resource has been updated to reflect feedback from stakeholders and persons with stroke and has been translated into various languages. To access the revised Guide for Stroke Recovery, click one of the links below:
- Guide for Stroke Recovery – English
- Guide for Stroke Recovery – Simplified Chinese
- Guide for Stroke Recovery – Portuguese
- Guide for Stroke Recovery – Italian
- Guide for Stroke Recovery – Punjabi
A number of worksheets are available in Guide for Stroke Recovery to assist persons with stroke to track their progress. Click on any of the following headings below to get extra copies.
For a general overview of this resource, refer to the videos below which provide a quick overview of this resource.
Below is a resource that can help with the implementation and use of Guide for Stroke Recovery.