June is Stroke Month – A List of Events for 2015
To celebrate June is Stroke Month, there will be lots of fundraising and educational events happening across the province. Several significant events include:
1) A videoconference presentation by Dr. Ruth Hall and Dr. Moira Kapral on “The Care & Outcomes of TIA & Minor Stroke in Ontario” – June 3, 2015, 8-9 am. To view the archived webcast, search with event ID # 44945600 at http://webcast.otn.ca/index.html . For a copy of presentation, please click on the following link: Care & Outcomes of TIA & Minor Stroke in Ontario presentation.
2) A videoconference presentation by Dr. Mark Bayley on “An Introduction to Post-Acute Recommendations on Outpatient and Community Rehabilitation per Health Quality Ontario’s Clinical Handbook for Stroke: Acute and Post-Acute”- June 5, 2015, 1-2 pm. For more details, please click on the following link: QBP presentation flyer.
3) Release of the Ontario Stroke Network’s Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) Stroke Report Cards – by June 18, 2015.
4) A presentation by Dr. Michael Hill on “Stroke: the great ESCAPE”. This presentation will be presented on June 18, 2015 at 3 different sites. Locations and times are listed below. For more information, please click on the following link: Stroke: the great ESCAPE.
- 8-9 am – Toronto Western Hospital- Main Auditorium, 2 West-Wing, Room 401
- 12:30-1:30 pm – St. Michael’s Hospital, Keenan Research Centre, Room 211
- 4:30-5:30 pm – Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, S-Wing, Ground Floor, Room 22
In addition to provincial activities, there were numerous education and charity events within Toronto. Some of these events are listed below:
Congratulations goes out to the Sunnybrook and UTSP Team!
To celebrate June is Stroke Month, Sunnybrook and the University of Toronto Stroke Program (UTSP) participated in the Heart & Stroke Foundation’s BIG BIKE EVENT on June 23rd 2015.
Through hard work and determination, this dedicated team of health care providers, administrators, and researchers raised $3,365 for the Heart and Stroke Foundation. A big thanks goes out to this team and their generous supporters.
A BIG THANKS to the BIG BIKE BASAL GANG-lias!
On May 29th 2015, the University Health Network participated in the Heart & Stroke Foundation’s BIG BIKE EVENT .
Championed by the Neurovascular Unit’s Nurse Practitioner, Tim Stewart (the ‘gang leader’), a team of 29 staff from the Toronto Western Hospital and Toronto Rehab raised a whopping $3405 for the Heart and Stroke Foundation. A big thanks goes out to the BIG BIKE BASAL GANG-lias and their generous supporter!
Congratulations to the NYGH Neurocyclers!
On June 4th 2015, 19 staff from North York General Hospital’s Stroke Assessment and Treatment Team participated in the Heart & Stroke Foundation’s BIG BIKE EVENT. Through their hard work and dedication, they raised $2200 for the Heart and Stroke Foundation. A big thanks goes out to the Neurocyclers and their generous supporters!
[white placeholder]Return to Main Page
Return to Archives