Heart & Stroke: Webinar for Those Caring for Someone with Heart Disease, Stroke or Vascular Cognitive Impairment
Date(s) - Thursday April 9, 2020
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Dr. Jill Cameron, a researcher who studies the complexities of caregiving with the University of Toronto and University Health Network (UHN)
- Moira Teed, Registered Social Worker and Senior Specialist, Heart & Stroke
- Caregiver (TBD)
Patrice Lindsay, RN, PhD, Director, Systems Change and Stroke Program, Heart & Stroke
Informal caregivers of those living with/through heart disease, vascular cognitive impairment or stroke recovery. Heart & Stroke staff, members of the public, health professionals and system leaders may also find this webinar informative and helpful. All are welcome to join.
About this Presentation
Evidence regarding COVID-19 is emerging and it is generating questions and concerns among caregivers about disease prevention, supports and management. This webinar will offer a timely overview and practical guidance by healthcare experts and caregivers regarding COVID-19, our conditions and caregiving – be it in acute care, assisted living or at home.
- To acknowledge the added complexities of caregiving during COVID-19 and key advice for navigating these new waters
- To discuss the social determinants of health and key advice for family engagement in hospital discharge and safety planning during COVID-19
- To highlight caregiver perspectives and practical resources noted within the Heart & Stroke Online Peer Support Community for Care Supporters
To register, please copy and paste the following link into your website browser: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6024057488774390027
For any questions, please e-mail ac.ekortsdnatraehnull@PHTK.