- A Stroke Resource Guide for Health Service Providers Working with Aboriginal Peoples of Ontario
- An Orientation to Essential Professional Conversations
- Heart & Stroke – Health Information Publications
- Hemispheres® – Stroke Competency Series – to register, please email the Toronto Stroke Networks
- Hypertension PowerPoint and Facilitator’s Guide
- Introduction to Stroke PowerPoint and Facilitator’s Guide
- Online Orientation to the Transition Resources for Stroke Care
- The Healthline E-learning Module
Web-Based Resource for Persons with Stroke and Family/Caregivers
Guide for Stroke Recovery Website http://www.strokerecovery.guide is a mobile-friendly website that allows persons with stroke and family/caregivers to easily navigate information about common post-stroke topics and find practical strategies, video demonstrations and actionable solutions to common questions or concerns after stroke. The layout and content of the website were designed to empower a self-management approach and facilitate community re-engagement. For a general overview of this resource, click here.
We invite you to refer to the Stroke Recovery Guide Website Frequently Asked Questions to answer questions you may have.
Updated Guide for Stroke Recovery
This resource has been updated to reflect feedback from stakeholders and persons with stroke and has been translated into various languages. To access the revised Guide for Stroke Recovery, click one of the links below:
- Guide for Stroke Recovery – English
- Guide for Stroke Recovery – Simplified Chinese
- Guide for Stroke Recovery – Portuguese
- Guide for Stroke Recovery – Italian
- Guide for Stroke Recovery – Punjabi
A number of worksheets are available in Guide for Stroke Recovery to assist persons with stroke to track their progress. Click on any of the following headings below to get extra copies.
For a general overview of this resource, refer to the videos below which provide a quick overview of this resource.
Below is a resource that can help with the implementation and use of Guide for Stroke Recovery.
- Self-Management Toolkit: A Resource for Healthcare Providers
- Ontario Stroke Network: A Guide for Choosing a Community Exercise Program for People with Stroke
- Adult BMI Calculator
- Diabetes Canada – Nutritional Guidelines, Tools and Resources
- Hypertension Canada
- Sodium 101
- Thrombosis Canada
- A Conversation on Management of Dysphagia
- A Conversation on Management of Dysphagia – Facilitator’s Guide
- A Step-by-Step Approach – Implementing Best Practice Guidelines for Dysphagia & TOR-BSST© Dysphagia Screening
- Heart & Stroke – Improving Recognition and Management of Dysphagia in Acute Stroke
- Toronto Stroke Networks’ Medical Redirect for Stroke and the Repatriation Process Brochures – Please share the below brochures with your patients and their family members:
Stroke Unit Resources
Rehabilitation and Recovery
Community and Long Term Care
- Best Practice Stroke Care Plans for Long Term Care (LTC) Homes:
- Restoring Abilities After a Stroke: Achieving Best Life Experience (ABLE) Care Planning Guide
- Stroke Best Practice Bloggers (BP Bloggers):
- Heart & Stroke – Starting a Self-Help Group for People Who Have Had a Stroke
- Heart & Stroke – Taking Action for Optimal Community and Long-Term Stroke Care (TACLS)